Burradale Wind Farm
Published on December 1st 2013
Shetland's first wind farm, near Lerwick, goes from strength to strength. The company behind it, Shetland Aerogenerators, is wholly locally owned. Some of its directors own Viking Wind Ltd, which is an investor in Viking Energy Shetland.
- Winter sun at Burradale wind farm, Shetland
- The turbines are now an interesting part of the Shetland landscape
- The stunning view from a turbine
- On top of a Vestas turbine at one of the world's most productive wind farms.
- Looking over Asta and the Scalloway "peerie isles".
- On a wintry morning in Tingwall