Home   /   The Project   /   Who We Are

Who We Are

Signing the partnership agreement at Busta House in 2007 are councillor Drew Ratter, Shetland Islands Council convener Sandy Cluness and SSE chairman Sir Robert Smith, now Lord Smith of Kelvin Signing the partnership agreement at Busta House in 2007 are councillor Drew Ratter, Shetland Islands Council convener Sandy Cluness and SSE chairman Sir Robert Smith, now Lord Smith of Kelvin Viking Energy is a 50:50 business partnership between Viking Energy Shetland LLP and SSE Viking Ltd, which is a subsidiary of SSE plc.

Viking Energy Shetland LLP, or VES for short, represents the interests of the Shetland community in large-scale wind farm development in Shetland.

VES is 90% owned by Shetland Charitable Trust, the charity set up to manage funds on behalf of the community. The remaining 10% is held by Viking Wind Ltd, which is owned by some of the people who developed the highly successful Burradale Wind Farm, near Lerwick. 

SSE has vast experience in building and operating onshore and offshore wind farms. Currently it has nearly 60 in operation or development in the UK and Ireland.

 

Viking Energy Updates

Subscribe Close this box